REGENERATIVE DERMATOLOGY > GROWTH FACTORS
RECENT SCAR TREATMENT WITH GROWTH FACTORS
What are growth factors?
Growth factors are natural proteins that stimulate cell growth, proliferation and differentiation. They keep skin structure healthy, mediating between the epidermis and dermal cells through specific receptors on the surface of target cells.
They are highly effective in fighting the effects of aging in the skin and in cell renewal at the local level, so they reduce wrinkles and increase collagen synthesis.
COLLAGEN BOOSTER – TGF-β2
ptd-TGF beta 2, is the synthetic growth factor TGF beta 2 produced in plants through biotechnology. It acts as a powerful booster of protein synthesis in the matrix, such as collagen and fibronectin, ideal to prevent photo-aging, for skin with collagen that has deteriorated due to tobacco, stress and environmental contaminants.
This growth factor exerts a paracrine effect on fibroblast proliferation and differentiation of myofibroblasts, which translates into:
- A powerful stimulation of the expression of proteins of the extracellular matrix (ECM), such as collagen, fibronectin and integrin.
- An inhibition of matrix degradation, stimulating inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) of the extracellular matrix
Collagen is one of the main structural proteins, since it accounts for around 90% of proteins of the skin and provides support to cells and tissues. Skin affected by aging suffer from disorganization of collagen fibrils.
Growth factor ptd-TGF beta, has great properties such as:
- Tissue renewal: the proliferation of fibroblasts increases by 220%, 48 hours after the treatment.
- Stimulation of the Smad route: Smad proteins will phosphorylate to move to the cell nucleus, 30 minutes after treatment in fibroblasts.
- Activation of protein synthesis of the extracellular matrix: the expression of collagen and fibronectin, is stimulated within 48 hours of treatment.
Diagnosis and treatment of recent scars with growth factors in Valencia
• Dr. Gabriel Serrano Sanmiguel