SKIN CARE ADVICE
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS YOUR SKIN TYPE?
COMBINATION, OILY OR ACNE SKIN
Our genes and hormones play a key role in oily skin. The most important thing one can do for the skin is keeping it clean using water and soap. We also recommend completing face cleansing with tonics and astringent wipes. In addition, always try to use oil-free cosmetics.
Diets have little to do with skin with excess oil. A home treatment can reduce the effects of acne.
- Gently cleanse the skin with water and soap, removing all traces of makeup and impurities. Wash the face as often as necessary to keep the oil under control, at least once a day and especially after doing physical exercise.
- Use astringent lotions to remove excess oil.
- Use astringent wipes.
- Always use clean towels to avoid bacterial infection.
- Use vapour or heat and a wet hot compress to open blocked pores.
- Wash hair every day if possible. Use anti-dandruff shampoo if necessary.
- Brush or combe hair backwards away from the face.
- Do not press, scratch, pull on or rub the lesions, as this could increase the damage in the skin. Wash your hands before and after applying products on the lesions, to reduce the risk of infection.
- Do not rest your face in your hands as this irritates the face skin.
- Identify and avoid products that makes acne worse. This could include foods, lotions, makeup, etc.
- Avoid the use of oily creams or cosmetics that could make acne worse.
- Acne frequently improves in summer. Therefore, some foods that make acne worse can be tolerated in summer but not in winter.