REGENERATIVE DERMATOLOGY > GROWTH FACTORS
GROWTH FACTORS SKIN ULCERS
What is a skin ulcer?
A cutaneous ulcer is a lesion of the skin that causes loss of the epidermis, part of the dermis and hypodermis. Therefore, it can be a merely superficial wound or a deeper condition.
What are growth factors?
Growth factors are natural proteins that stimulate cell growth, proliferation and differentiation. They keep skin structure healthy, mediating between the epidermis and dermal cells through specific receptors on the surface of target cells.
They are highly effective in fighting the effects of aging in the skin and in cell renewal at the local level, so they reduce wrinkles and increase collagen synthesis.
MULTIEFFECT 3R (GM-CSF)
MULTIEFFECT 3R is the synthetic growth factor GM-CSF, produced in plants through biotechnology. Its repairing, regenerating and firming effect makes it highly effective and conducive to skin rejuvenation, skin defense, skin relief, collagen development, skin elasticity and fighting against stress.
Scientific studies guarantee its benefits for the skin since it is involved in the following processes:
- It accelerates the process of re-epithelialization.
- It increases the proliferation, migration and survival of keratinocytes.
- It increases quantity and quality of collagen.
- It promotes the repair of epidermal damages which are resistant to recovery due to the aging process.
- It is involved in the stimulation of other growth factors and cytokines.
- It stimulates the skin’s defenses.
- Dermal thickness increases.
- It reduces inflammation.
The 3R MULTIEFFECT has excellent properties such as:
- Regeneration: injuries of 1 mm, close after 24 hours of treatment.
- Stimulation of cell cycle: the proliferation of keratinocytes increased by 262%, 48 hours after the treatment.
- Tissue renewal: fibroblast proliferation increased by 32%, 42 hours after the treatment.
- Restructuring the extracellular matrix (ECM): after 48 hours of treatment, protein synthesis is multiplied by 6 and collagen production is multiplied by 20.
Diagnosis and treatment of skin ulcers with growth factors in Valencia
• Dr. Gabriel Serrano Sanmiguel